onsdag 27. oktober 2010

My travel blog (2)

Post 2 Friday16th of July

Dear diary

Yesterday we arrived the biggest city in Australia, Sydney of course. We came at night which was pretty awesome. All the huge buildings and the skyscrapers made me freak out, again! It was skyscrapers everywhere, and the lights from the buildings and big commercials were shining up the whole town. I was really looking forward to the next day, when I was supposed to experience the Australian culture.

Today I’m sure I’ve walked more than 10 miles! To spend a whole day in a big-town is extremely tiresome. It was people everywhere; in the streets, at the toilets, at the restaurants, at the bus, and even at the cash dispenser. And all the time I felt like I was an ant!

The first thing I did today was to visit the Sydney Opera House. I have always dreamed of taking a perfect picture of the beautiful building, and now I have J Just look:



Then it was time for shopping! When I first spend some days in a big city I just have to go shopping. Otherwise this hasn’t been a perfect vacation, at least not for me. And to walk and look for touristic attractions all the time is not always that great. So I went to the main shopping centre in Sydney, who is called the Pitt Street Mall on Pitt Street. Here it was a huge selection of shops, and I really felt like this was a paradise. The only thing I found a little bit annoying was all the people. It was like every person from earlier today was following me, and that was creepy!  So when I was looking at some dresses at a rack, women just went by all the time and I didn’t have a chance to look at the dresses.

After a short while I was worn-out and tired, so I went to get some food. I had bought a lot of stuff and I was really starving, so I hadn’t more energy than to eat at a place just nearby. When I looked at the menu, I saw they offered kangaroo for lunch, but since I was going to experience these beautiful animals tomorrow, I wouldn’t dare to eat it. So I bought me a sandwich instead, sat down and just listened to the Australian music from the radio in the restaurant. And I have to say that I love the Australian music. You have no idea of how peaceful and soporific the music is! I was actually afraid of falling to sleep at the restaurant, but I managed to stay awake. I guess I had been kicked out if I hadn’t!

But when we are talking about Australian music; have you ever heard of the instrument Didgeridoo? It’s an instrument developed by Indigenous Australians of northern Australia at least 1,500 years ago. And today when I was walking in Pitt Street I saw a man who was playing at a Didgeridoo. It made a really funny and strange sound! And the man even played well, so I just had to give him some money.



The man who was playing a Didgeridoo

But now I have to go. I have to prepare for tomorrow, because tomorrow we are going to have a lot of fun!
xoxo

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar